Summer Crew Interest Meeting - June 9, 2012 - 10:00 AM
Alexandria Crew Boosters are holding a Crew Interest Meeting on
Saturday, June 9 at 10AM at the boathouse for anyone interested in
learning about the Summer Crew program. It's open to all students,
not just from ACPS, who are rising 8th or 9th graders, and their
parents. It is also for any adults who are interested in the Learn
to Row Summer Program.
Registration for Summer Crew is Saturday, June 23 but this is an informational meeting for potential rowers, their parents and also adults who wish to learn to row.
Ted Phoenix Regatta - May 5, 2012
Ted Phoenix, the lower boat state championship, saw several TC Crew boats reach finals:
Girls Freshman 8: 2nd Place
Boys Freshman 8: 4th Place
Girls 3rd 8: 6th Place
Girls 4th 8: 3rd Place
Girls Freshman 8 Silver Medal Photo - courtesy of Azim Khodjibaev
T.C. Williams vs. Washington Lee Scrimmage - March 24, 2012
T.C. Williams Crew will be hosting the first scrimmage at the Dee Campbell Rowing Center against Washington Lee.
The races are scheduled to start at 7:00 AM.
The scrimmage will be followed by the boat dedications.
BBQ & Bluegrass - May 4, 2012
Old Dominion Boat Club, 1 King Street, Alexandria, VA
When: Friday, May 4, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Reserve your tickets now.
Restaurant Fundraiser - Monroe's - April 3, 2012
Monroe's, 1603 Commonwealth Avenue, Alexandria, VA
When: Tuesday, April 3, 2012
New Rowing Shell Dedication - March 24, 2012
Dee Campbell Rowing Center, 1 Madison Street, Alexandria, VA
When: Saturday, March 24, 2012 -10:30 AM
You are all invited to the dedication of two new shells.
Restaurant Fundraiser - HomeMade Pizza - March 20, 2012
HomeMade Pizza, 2413 Mt Vernon Ave, Alexandria, VA
When: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Food Preparation Party - March 18, 2012
Sarah & Roger Conrad's house, 3516 Halcyon Drive, Alexandria, VA
When: Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 1:00 PM
Please RSVP and also bring your own cutting board/knives & apron.
One of the many important jobs of the Alexandria Crew Boosters is
to make sure our rowers are well fed at regattas throughout the
season. That job begins before the regattas actually begin -- at a
food prep party, where chicken, potatoes, and other vegetables are
sliced, diced, and bagged to get them ready for the spring.
2012 Crew Season Sign-up for Novices and Returning Athletes
Rowers and parents, the 2012 crew season is starting soon. To sign-up, you will need to get physical and participation forms and eligability cards (available a week or two before the start of the season) completed before the first day of the season.
For more information read the sign-up page.
- Sat, February 18, 2012 - 9:00 AM -11:00 AM: Registration at the boathouse.
- Sat, February 18, 2012 - 1:00 PM: Swim test for all crews, all coaches at Chinquaapin Recreation Center.
- Sat, February 25, 2012 - 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Crew Parents Orientation.
- Sat, February 25, 2012 - 1:00 PM: Swim test for all crews, all coaches at Chinquaapin Recreation Center.
- The MidAtlantic Erg Sprints is the largest qualifying event for the World Indoor Rowing Championships (CRASH-B).
- More than 100 events for junior, college, masters and adaptive rowers. Events for lightweights, coxswains, parent/child and kids.
- Free Erg Sprints t-shirt for all competitors and medals for 1st-3rd place finishers. Trophies for Club, Collegiate and High Schools (Juniors) teams.
- Plenty of free parking at the new T.C. Williams High School. Locker rooms and large warm-up room (60+ ergs) for athletes. The venue includes food, rowing jewelry, equipment and clothing vendors.
- Register online early and save $10.
Start: November 28, 2011
Time: Weekdays, 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Location: Dee Campbell boathouse
Contact info: Please contact Men's Head Coach Pete Stramese at email@example.com or Women's Head Coach Mercedes Kiss at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to take part in winter conditioning, athletes are reminded
that they must first take a copy of their physical to the T.C. Williams
athletic office, which will then give them a note allowing them to
If athletes have not yet had their physicals, they can be scheduled at the Teen Wellness Center at T.C. All athletes should have an updated physical dated May 1, 2011 or later on file with the school in order to take part in winter conditioning.
This physical will then be good for the year.